This recipe is so special; the potato is a hidden secret ingredient that gives it more tenderness and density. The appetizing flavor of lemon is even more revealed when mixed with chocolate. Give both recipes a swirl and amaze your guests!
Work time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 1/8 cup (270 ml/9 fl oz) Canola oil
1 cup (200 g/7 oz) granulated white sugar
4 free-range eggs
1 cup (220g/7 ¾ oz) gluten- free flour mix
1 medium size (1 cup/250 g/8 ¾ oz) potato, mashed and cooled
2 lemon zests
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons baking soda
Light lemon glaze
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons sifted confectionary sugar
Bakeware: three (6*3*3 inches) dark loaf pans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4).Grease and flour 3 rectangular loaf pans.
- Blend Canola oil and granulated sugar in a large bowl on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat well on high speed. Add the prepared cold mashed potato; keep mixing allowing the batter to become perfectly balanced.
- Reduce the speed to medium, and gradually add the flour, while the electrical mixer is still on, avoiding any dispersal.
- Blend-in the baking soda and immediately pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Warm mashed potatoes are not a must in this particular recipe therefore you can use any leftovers you have left to create this delicious moist cake.
- The lemon cake can sit up to 1 week in the refrigerator if reserved in an airtight container