“This gluten free, dairy free pie will let you forget you’re on a strict diet and allow you to enjoy the sweet flavor of desserts”
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
75 g all- vegetable shortening
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
Banana Custard Cream
1 cup soya milk
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 mashed banana
- In a large bowl, rub the flour with the shortening until it’s covered and crumbly. Add the egg yolk and sugar and keep mixing by hand until well combined. Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a floured base. Wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk on medium heat in a large pan until it boils. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and mashed banana.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the egg mixture, whisk thoroughly until the cream thickens and darkens. Transfer to a shallow dish to cool.
- Roll the dough to form, approximately, a 32 diameter circle. Transfer it into a 30 cm greased and floured tart tin, poke it, and bake it for 20 minutes on 180◦C (350◦ F).
- Remove the pie from the oven, spread the custard cream on top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool, then cover the custard cream with one layer of blackberry jam.
- This pie can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.