“The vinegar in this recipe is very important as it helps the baking soda react better and give the cupcakes this beautiful bulge.”
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups (180 g ) all-purpose flour
1 cup (220 g) white granulated sugar
1/2 cup (55 g) coca powder 1 cup (240 ml/ 8 fl oz) water
1/4 cup (2 fl oz/ 60 ml) vegetable oil
1/4 cup (50 g) cream cheese
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl and all the dry ones in an other bowl.
- Combine them together, whisking well to remove any lumps.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake sheets.
- Fill each to 2/3 and bake on 180° C (350° F) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 160° C (320° F) and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- You can store the cupcakes at room temperature, in an airtight container for up to one week. Or seal them in a plastic bag and refrigerate them for up to three months.