“These rolls are fantastic whether you were on a holiday or a casual friends get-together. Don’t forget to throw in few slices of home-baked pain de mie“
Preparation time: 15 minutes
3 slices (50 g) of cooked ham or turkey
100 g of Gruyère cheese, finely sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber sliced
1 tablespoon cream cheese
Black ground pepper
- On a plastic wrap, lay out one ham or turkey slice.
- Spread with a light coat of cream cheese.
- Cover with slices of Gruyère, top with another light coat of cream cheese and sprinkle ground black pepper on it.
- Now lay the cucumbers on top of that last coat of cream cheese, trying to cover it all.
- Repeat with the ham and Gruyère layers.
- Start rolling, in one direction, width wise.
- Slice the log into 7 or 8 slices. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve with warm bread.
- This appetizer should be served on the same day.