“Great tasting chocolate chip cake. Add extra moist to it by serving it with this simple chocolate glaze”
Work time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
3 free-range eggs
1/3 cup (80ml/2 ¾ fl oz)Canola oil
1/3 cup (70g/ 2 ½ oz) granulated white sugar
1/3 cup (75g/2 2/3 oz) brown sugar
1 tablespoon (20g/ ¾ oz) fig jam
1 teaspoon Whisky
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup (50g/1 ¾ oz) almond flour
½ cup (60g/ 2 oz) gluten-free flour mix
1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening for greasing
2 teaspoons flour mix for flouring the tins
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon sifted dairy-free, gluten-free cocoa powder
2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 200 º C ( 400 º F/ Gas 6). Use a rubber brush to grease the tins thoroughly with vegetable shortening. Then, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of flour in each tin, and tap on the sides to spread the flour around. Shake off any excess.
- Use the large bowl of an electric mixer, add the eggs, canola oil, white sugar, brown sugar, fig jam, whisky and pure vanilla extract. Mix on high speed for 4 minutes or until the batter doubles in volume and forms ribbon on top.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the flour mix, almond flour and baking powder. Add them to the wet batter gradually, mixing well, on medium speed, after each addition.
- Spoon the batter to 2/3 of each tin. Bake for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 160 and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before turning them upside down on a serving plate. One hour later, drizzle with chocolate glaze, sprinkle with few chocolate chips and serve.
- You can store it in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 1 week.
- The chocolate glaze:
In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cocoa. Add the water and whisk until well combined.